Monday, June 27, 2011

Vogue 1245

V1245
Vogue 1245

This is the first garment made for my Faux Retirement wardrobe.  I am in the process of developing an approach as to what to make for that wardrobe. I am thinking that for an item to make the cut into my closet it must meet at least 3 of 4 items on this list!

1.  Must go with at least 2 other items in my closet - no more closet orphans

2.  Must be flattering

3. Must be my color

4.  Must lend itself to alteration for weight loss - more on this tomorrow




This is my 'muslin' for Vogue 1245.  I am so pleased that it turned out to be wearable.  The fabric is from Fabric Mart purchased several years ago.  I believe it is a burnout linen.  I really did not think it would be so wearable, what a pleasant surprise.



This picture doesn't show the sheerness of the fabric.  I will wear it with this tank or perhaps a skin color tank under it - depending on how daring I feel that day. 


Back View

Close up of the front



 I have some sheer silks that I plan to make up in this style.  I think I will narrow the sleeves and delete the peplum and waist string - something like this Milly top. 

NO IMAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...