Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Aunite Mame revisited

Auntie Mame


I recall a coworker once told me that I reminded him of Auntie Mame.  I was not sure how to take that comment, so I chose to think of it as a compliment.  With that thought in mind, I made myself a robe that I think she may have worn one of her most casual days.


The fabric is a silk that I purchased years ago - so I consider it free fabric!



The sleeves are full and amusing to wear.  I am reminded of what my Grandmother would have said "it my be pretty, but you can't fry eggs in it!"  Well, Gran, I won't be frying eggs in this one!

The pattern is Louise Cuttings East Meets West by Louise CuttingEast Meets West.

If you have not purchased and made one of her patterns - you are missing a treat.  It is worth buying the pattern just for the directions.

Happy SEWing,
Michele P

2 comments:

  1. Auntie Mame is one of my most favorite movies. I've seen it tons of times. Good choice, and great job. Your BFF Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it, now I want a silk robe

    Tina marie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...