Dr. P gave me this book for Christmas last year and I have several of the designs on my very long to-do list. Given that Dr. P and I have become old folks and don't want to go out in the heat - I used that excuse over the 4th of July holiday and made one! I am really pleased and quite surprised that I was able to figure out how to make the pattern. Even though my copy was translated into English, it is still very sketchy on instructions.
Tada: My finished Top
With a little sweater that just happened to match! yeah
This is how the pattern looks after I made all the adjustments
I am sorry that this one is blurry - but I wanted to show you the technique I used to make the waist and center back darts. This is one of my standard sewing machine designs. I saw this used on several Tahari tops and loved how it added just that little extra something.
Size zipper on its side!
Note the binding on the arm hole - I used Louise Cutting's technique to bind them.
The fabric for the top is 100% linen purchased from G-Street. I added a side zipper so that I could make the waist more fitted. I really really like this top and I am planning on making it up in a silk charmeuse and a medium weight knit.
Please leave me a post or click a box to let me know what you think.