Tuesday, April 5, 2011

in Lieu of T-Shirt Tuesday

Today in Lieu of T-shirt Tuesday, I am posting this Tuesday Trend report!  Last Friday, one of my BFFs and I went on an inspirational journey to Neimans.  We found so many awe-inspiring things that we challenged ourselves to make at least one thing from an inspirational piece.

Here are the garments I fell in LOVE with:
RED Valentino Ribbon & Lace Trim Slashed Tee
Red Valentino - this look is huge - lots of ribbon and trims laced through fabric.


RED Valentino Bow Trim Stripe Tee
Sheer with knit



Lafayette 148 New York "Bleeker" Stretch Cotton Cropped Pants
I must have a pair of these shoes!


Lafayette 148 New York "Corina" Tweed Jacket
This sleeve treatment


Nanette Lepore 'Bonus' Sleeveless Wrap Jacket
Vests and asymetrical hems


Nanette Lepore 'Big Boss' Blouse
loved this sheer blouse - I would make the sleeves slightly smaller


kate spade new york 'effie' blouse
This top is just too cute!  I plan to make it in navy


kate spade new york stripe bow jacket
This back bow treatment is EVERYWHERE!


Elie Tahari Exclusive for Nordstrom 'Pearson' Jacket

Check out the detail on this simple jacket.  Petersham trim on the front, shoulders and covered snaps.  Amazing what a few details can do to shuze up a plain jacket.  This was a knit fabric with denim and petersham trim.

These are just a few of the things we loved.  If I showed you all of the garments we wanted this blog would take up most of the internet!

Happy Sewing,
Michele P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...