Sunday, April 17, 2011

Back to the blog

I have returned from my blog hiatus.  I have been in somewhat of a funk.  Nothing I was working on seemed blog worthy - so what does one do when one is in the funk?  Go shopping.  I always find a book or two that gets my mojo back and true to form I found one.  Here it is:


There is so much eye candy in this issue that I can hardly stand it.




I thought this bag was so interesting - this form or type of smocking is popping up everywhere.




Esther and Estella

They do fantastic embroidery and amazing things with sea shells - this bouquet is a sample of their work.
 http://star-of-the-east.blogspot.com/ check her out.




Take a look at Donna Downey Studios

Rose Arm Candy Luxe Tote
She calls this her arm candy tote.



Last but least my VERY FAVE is from the unbelievable talent of Deb Allen.

Hollyhocks Queen of Hearts

LOL A Tisket, a Tasket

Her 'pods' are what got me to purchase the book.  They are made from wool roving and then embellished with beads and flowers.  What more could a girl want?

Happy Sewing
Michele P

1 comment:

  1. Michele, I've loved picking up issues of this mag over the years. This one just made it to the "must have" list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...