Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Grey Period

Grey Days of Winter

I am not sure why, but I have been so drawn to grey fabric lately that I believe I am in a grey period!  Picasso had his blue period and now my grey!


This is a jacket that I really enjoy wearing.  The fabric is a medium weight wool and was such a pleasure to work with.  This is a prime example of what could have been a wader!  After I cut out the sleeves, I realized that I used my coat sleeve rather than my jacket sleeve.  I was at a retreat and was too lazy to re-cut the sleeves so I pondered and pondered and in the middle of the night it came to me - make a horizontal tuck down the middle of the sleeve and it will take up the excess fabric.  Yeah - from wader to wearable! 
 
After I made the tuck down the sleeve - I needed to echo that detail on the rest of the jacket so it would look intentional.  I added tucks the back and epaulets with tucks to the shoulder.



The zipper is a fantastic find from Pacific Trims , unfortunately they do not have them online - only in the store.  I did not want to cut the zipper so I used the entire length and wrapped it around the neck.


To finish off the jacket, I felted a large piece and it came out beyond my expectations!  I made a 'corsage' of the felted fabric and pinned it to the jacket rather than sewing it on.  I added a few beads and the jacket is complete!


Happy Sewing
Michele P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...