Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fabric From A Friend

Now that I have successfully passed my mandatory lesson on camera photo upload to the computer imposed by Dr. P (aka my husband) I am now free to post at will.  Therefore, I hope to post several times a week.  Now with that said here is today's post.

 

When my dear friend, Jane (of Lucky sew and sew ) and her husband Mr. Lucky decided to become snow birds she divested herself of her wool fabric.  I was one of the very luck recipients of some of her divine pieces.  This Sweater jacket is fashioned out of one of them.

The fabric is a lightweight wool sweater, very rare these days.  I have embraced the raw edge craze and all the edges of this sweater jacket are raw.  I added a bias cut strip for the fronts and sleeve hem.  The collar is double, with wrong sides together.  I had some vintage mink trim and added it to the tie and it turned out to be the fabulous finishing touch.

Close up of front trim

Back

 Happy Sewing
Michele P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...