Friday, December 10, 2010

Easy Gift #4

Corset Apron




 
corset

This is such a fun and quick pattern to make.  I made this for my ASG neighborhood group holiday party.  We bring a handmade gift for the gift exchange.  We always have so much fun and this year was no exception.  One of our members hosts the party, and (you know who you are) has such a beautiful house and was so gracious.

This is a You can make this pattern.  I just love this sight.  I have purchased many patterns from them.  They are all e-books that are available instantly!  You have to love instant gratification.  One reason this apron was so quick to make is the fabric choice.  The front - or base fabric - is Amy Butler home dec weight and the lining and corset is thin quilting cotton.  The only thing I did differently from the pattern is the ruffle.  I had some silk organza that was just the right color but not quite enough to cut on the bias to prevent fraying.  So I  used a three thread serger hem and walla - quick gift.

Happy Sewing
Michele P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...