Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Jacket of the New Year


Look What Purchased Trim Can do!

I usually do not make raglan sleeve jackets ( not great for large bust) but this one works as the neck has so much attention.

The fabric is luscious boucle that I purchased at Mood on one of the ASG bus trips to NYC. 







I embraced the raw edge craze on the hem and the belt.  I wear it belted when I feel skinny - which is rare these days!

This trim is so great.  It is stitched to elastic and therefore makes it so easy to apply.


As for the lining - I used petersham for the neck facing and this 'what was I thinking when I bought this silk for a blouse' silk charmeuse for the body of the jacket.
Happy Sewing,
Michele P

1 comment:

  1. Michele, did you get this trim in NYC also? It's a beauty! Love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...