Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blessing Bags

I am rarely called to action - but when I saw this post on Pinerest I had to do the same.  And I am so glad that a little good has come from my addiction to Pinerest!

These are called blessing bags.  You make them up and keep them in your car for a time when you come across a homeless person.


Pinned Image
This is what they look like from Pinerest


These are Mine




The idea is so simple I wish I had thought of it.  All you need is a gallon zip lock bag.  Fill it with:

tissues
tooth paste & tooth brush
comb
soap
hand wipes
granola
crackers and cookies
chap stick
deodorant
band aids
hand or foot warmer

I also added $1 in change in case they may need to make a phone call.

I am often overwhelmed by the plight of the homeless and feel helpless - not knowing what to do and think that I really can't do anything to help.  Well, this may not be much but it might help someone for a few minutes.  I hope you will do the same and let me know if you do.

Happy Sewing,
Michele P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...