Monday, October 24, 2011

Finishing some UFOs

I have been so busy running amuck with my BFFs that I just have not gotten around to posting on my blog.  However, I have finished a few UFO's that have been in my closet for quite a while.

Here is the first of what I hope is the beginning of a completion run of UFOs!



I've had this fabric for many years - so according to my calculations it is free fabric!  I think it came from the G-Street $2.99 table and is cotton toweling of a sort. I loved the two patterns of the fabric so had to purchase both.

Here is a close-up of the two fabric patterns

If you read my blog you know how I love to see my name in embroidery - so I had to add one the this robe!



I played with this design for quite a while until I got it in the correct position.  I have not played with my embroidery design software in ages and had to really work my pea brain to remember how to combine designs.  This one is from Embroidery.com and is a combo of a background design and an embroidery font.  I used a product called dry cover-up under the design.  I really like it for towels and fabrics with high pile that will be laundered frequently.  It stays in the design unlike solvy or other wash away products.

Please leave me a comment or check a box to let me know you were here!

Happy Sewing,
Michele P









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...