Monday, October 24, 2011

Finishing some UFOs

I have been so busy running amuck with my BFFs that I just have not gotten around to posting on my blog.  However, I have finished a few UFO's that have been in my closet for quite a while.

Here is the first of what I hope is the beginning of a completion run of UFOs!

I've had this fabric for many years - so according to my calculations it is free fabric!  I think it came from the G-Street $2.99 table and is cotton toweling of a sort. I loved the two patterns of the fabric so had to purchase both.

Here is a close-up of the two fabric patterns

If you read my blog you know how I love to see my name in embroidery - so I had to add one the this robe!

I played with this design for quite a while until I got it in the correct position.  I have not played with my embroidery design software in ages and had to really work my pea brain to remember how to combine designs.  This one is from and is a combo of a background design and an embroidery font.  I used a product called dry cover-up under the design.  I really like it for towels and fabrics with high pile that will be laundered frequently.  It stays in the design unlike solvy or other wash away products.

Please leave me a comment or check a box to let me know you were here!

Happy Sewing,
Michele P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...