Tuesday, September 20, 2011

BWOF 9/2011 Dress # 131

Bs1109_m_01-09391_large
BWOF Dress 131



I have been so disappointed in my BWOF magazines lately.  I don't know what they were thinking when they choose the patterns for each issue.  Previously I would find 8 or 9 designs I wanted to make - not that I ever made them - but I could have!  Now I am LUCKY if I find 1 in each issue.  This issue was a particular disappointment.  Who in the USA is going to wear what they are calling the Alpine Folklore pgs 16 -29 or , even better, Plus update folk styles on pages 32 - 36 and 44 -  52 and yes even the children's designs 18 - 29.  So by my count that is 26 pages of this issue dedicated to Folkware? WHY?


Anyhoo - I did find this one dress #131.  I am attending a conference with Dr. P next week and need a dress for the somewhat formal dinner.  I say somewhat formal as the first year I attended, I asked (by mistake - never ask your husband what to wear) Dr P what the attire was for the dinner and he said business.  I wore a slightly dressy suit and surprise, surprise, the gals had on BALL GOWNS!  Yikes!!! Next year I wore a tea length dress and just right.  Next year - for what ever reason - I must have missed the memo - hey all have on pants! 

So, this year, I decided to make a little black dress.  I needed an updated LBD so I chose this one.  I am making it in 4 ply black silk that has been in my stash for quite a while -more than 2 years - so as you know it is considered free fabric.  I am adding lace to the bodice and will probably make the sleeves in lace.

Here is my first pass at the bodice:
Lace over three of the bodice front pieces

Trying to decide if I want to add this zipper

That is where I am today -now off to the machine to finish.



Happy Sewing,
Michele P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...