Tuesday, March 1, 2011

T-Shirt Tuesday





Kate Spade Cap Flower T $125





Today's T was inspired by this Kate Spade T.  I have not had a chance to visit Neiman's to see it up close and in person - so I just guessed at the construction.  I plan to take a road trip this week and may update my technique after.










This is my first version and I am so happy with how it turned out.  This is one of my bargain Ts from my last Target expedition.

Here is a close-up of the flower.  I used fabric from another T to create the flower.  It was a little limp - so after several experiments, I used my no fray spray and it gave the flower the body that it needed to stay and not flop over.


No Fray Spray

I found these jewels in my stash and added them to the neckline.  I think it gave it that little extra that the T needed.

I used a small piece of self fabric to the underside to the jewels to add stability.


I have two more of these 'flower' Ts in the works.  I am also working on a tutorial of how the make and assemble the flower.

Happy Sewing,
Michele P

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your T shirt designs! I will look for your flower tutorial. I am learning to sew, but I think I might can make one of these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...