Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Knitting Needle Case

Case For Interchangeable Circular Needles

After I reigned in my OCD tendency, I finished my needle case.  I purchased a set of interchangeable needles and cords from my fave knit store and love the needles but hated the case.  When you opened the case, all of the needles fell out and the cords were kept in a coil and looked like springs when I attempted to use them.
Case closed with out fasteners

Experimenting with vintage buttons

Case Open

Unfortunately, the coils are not very visible in this picture.  They are at the top under the flower snaps.I used clear plastic to hold the needles rather than fabric so I could see the needle size.


I had this trim in my stash.  I cut the little flowers off the ribbon and added two leaves. 

I am happy with the outcome, but not ecstatic.  I was obsessing about the construction, what closure, what size finished, big band vs little band, plastic for the needles or cloth, and on and on.  Finally I said to self, self just finish it you are not putting this in the 4 H contest and making this for production.  It is just for you so 'get er done'. 

I probably will take it apart at some point and improve the construction when I have nothing else to do!  LOL

Happy Sewing,
Michele P

2 comments:

  1. I think it turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! It always helps when we can keep our tools organized...even if we aren't perfectly happy with our efforts:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...