Tuesday, March 8, 2011

T-Shirt Tuesday

Welcome to another day of T-Shirt Tuesday.  I must say that today's T could be catorized as express as it was so easy and quick to make and yet one of my faves!

The color looks a little washed out - it is really a vibrant olive green.  I wanted some tops that had detail in the middle and not on a shoulder so that I could effortesly wear it with a sweater or jacket.  This one was inspired by an Anthropology T.

This is a better representation of the true color of the T.  First thing I did was cut off the sleeves to a 3/4.  I only had one T so I had to figure out how to embellish with just a small bit of fabric.



Next, I cut the 'cut off sleve' into strips from 3/4" to 1" in width.



Then I laid out the strips along the neck and twisted a few and interwove a few.



Last, I used the longest piece to cover the raw edge on the neck and Viola - quick T.


                                                                  
I pulled these two fabrics out of my stash and plan to make 'something' to match the T.

Happy Sewing,
Michele P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...